Clinical Associate Professor and Post Baccalaureate Leveling Program Coordinator
Phone: (713) 743-2683
Fax: (713) 743-2926
Office: Clinical Research Services 126
Ms. Cizek is an Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston. She supervises graduate students in the University Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic (USLHC), a training facility of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. She leads the accent modification clinical team as well as coordinates hearing screenings in the community. She teaches the capstone course, Clinical Procedures, to undergraduate and post baccalaureate leveling students as well as Phonetics and Speech Development and Disorders courses.
Ms. Cizek is the Post Baccalaureate (PB) Leveling Program Coordinator. The UH PB leveling program prepares students who have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree (in a discipline other than ComD) for application to a graduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Prior to joining the COMD Department, she worked full-time at a public school in Houston ISD. She also worked part-time as a speech-language pathologist at a private practice and as an adjunct clinical educator at the USLHC.
- M.A. Speech Pathology, University of Houston
- B.S. Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Texas
- Clinical Procedures I (COMD 4489). Conceptual models and application strategies for clinical management.
- Phonetics (COMD 2338). Analysis of spoken English in articulatory, perceptual, and acoustic terms, with emphasis on general American dialect and its phonetic transcription.
- Speech Development and Disorders (COMD 3371). Introduction to speech sound disorders
back to top
Post Baccalaureate Coordinator
Hearing Screening Coordinator
University of Houston Children's Learning Center Advisory Board
Affiliations and Links
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA)
- Houston Association for Communication Disorders (HACD)
- University of Houston Alumni