The faculty and students of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston actively participated in the 2013 ASHA Convention held in Chicago, Illinois (please see details below).
Friday, November 15, 2013
- Session Code: 1470 (1-Hour Seminar)
Authors: Dunkelberger, M., & James, K.
Title: A Systematic Approach to the Education & Clinical Training of Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
- Session Code: 1405 (2-Hour Seminar)
Author: Sauermilch, W.,
Title: Designing 21st Century Therapy Programs That Integrate Evidence-Based Practices, Apps, & Multimedia Sources
- Session Code: 7776 (Poster)
Author: Thiessen, A., Beukelman, D., & Boersen, A.
Title: Image Preferences of People With Traumatic Brain Injury: A Comparison of Two Message Types
Saturday, November 16, 2013
- Session Code: 5641 (Technical Research Session)
Authors: McLeod, S., Verdon, S., Bowen, C. & International Expert Panel on Multilingual Children’s Speech (Bunta, F. - Member)
Title: Aspirations of an International Expert Panel for Working with Multilingual Children with Speech Sound Disorders.
- Session Code: 5679 (Technical Research Session)
Authors: Procter, A.*, & Bunta, F.
Title: Stop VOT Productions in Bilingual Spanish-English Children & Their Monolingual Peers With Cochlear Implants
- Session Code: 5663 (Technical Research Session)
Authors: Santos Oliveira, D., Erickson, M., Bunta, F., Casenhiser, D., & Teixeira U de Aveiro, A.
Title: The Phonetic Acquisition of a Palatal Lateral by L2 Speakers
- Session Code: 8352 (Poster)
Authors: Thiessen, A., Beukelman, D., Longenecker, M., & Ullman, C.
Title: The Effect of Engagement on the Visual Attention Patterns of Adults With Aphasia
* The asterisk denotes UH ComD student presenters. Authors whose names are italicized are affiliated with the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston.