Instructional Associate Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
Phone: (713) 743-2923
Fax: (713) 743-2926
Office: Clinical Research Services 116
Dr. Dunkelberger joined the University of Houston department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in 1997. Her primary responsibilities are teaching and undergraduate program administration. She is active in College and University governing committees and in the training of graduate Teaching Assistants through the Graduate School.
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- MHS, Communication Disorders, Governors State University, University Park, IL
- BS, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders (COMD 1333): Survey of the disorders of language, speech, and hearing across the lifespan; introduction to the professions of speech-language pathology, audiology, and speech and hearing science. Fall and spring semesters.
- Language Development (COMD 2339): Overview of the typical development of language from birth through adulthood. Fall semesters.
- Speech Development and Disorders (COMD 3371): Overview of typical development of speech sounds and the disorders that can affect speech sound production. Spring semesters.
- Phonological Disorders (COMD 7322): In depth analysis of disorders of speech articulation including methods and philosophies of evaluation and treatment. Fall semesters.
- The College Classroom (UNIV 6000): Introduction to teaching in higher education. Summer semesters.
- College Success (CORE 1101): Foundations of learning in college for First Time in College students who have no declared major. Fall semesters.
- Administrative Lead Center for the Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Undergraduate Committee of the Faculty Senate
- Health Professions Advisory Committee
- Campus Recreation Advisory Board
- Student Financial Support Committee
- Guided Pathways to Success Houston
- Undergraduate Studies Council
- Undergraduate Scholarship Committee
Affiliations and Links
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA)