Assistant Clinical Professor and Post Baccalaureate Program Coordinator
Phone: (713) 743-2683
Fax: (713) 743-2926
Office: Clinical Research Services 126
Ms. Cizek is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston. She supervises graduate students in the University Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic (USLHC), a training facility of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. She leads the accent modification clinical team as well as coordinates hearing screenings in the community. During the summer, she directs the summer Cougar Communication Groups, a group speech and language therapy program for children. She teaches the capstone course, Clinical Procedures, to undergraduate and post baccalaureate leveling students as well as Speech Development and Disorders.
Ms. Cizek is the Post Baccalaureate (PB) Leveling Program Coordinator. The UH PB leveling program prepares students who have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree (in a discipline other than ComD) for application to a graduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Prior to joining the COMD Department, she worked full-time at a public school in Houston ISD. She also worked part-time as a speech-language pathologist at a private practice and as an adjunct clinical educator at the USLHC.
- M.A. Speech Pathology, University of Houston
- B.S. Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Texas
- Clinical Procedures I (COMD 4489). Conceptual models and application strategies for clinical management.
- Speech Development and Disorders (COMD 3371). Introduction to speech sound disorders
back to top
Post Baccalaureate Coordinator
ASHA CEU Provider
Hearing Screening Coordinator, add Pediatric Specialty Track Committee Member
University of Houston Children's Learning Center Advisory Board (CLCAB 2012-2014)
Job Preparation Workshop Presenter
Affiliations and Links
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA)
- Houston Association for Communication Disorders (HACD)
- University of Houston Alumni