- Phone: (713) 743-2892
- Fax: (713) 743-2926
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Clinical Research Services Annex 101
Prior to joining the faculty of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston, Dr. Ferenc Bunta worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at Temple University. He completed his Ph.D. at Arizona State University in speech and hearing sciences. The main focus of Dr. Bunta's research is bilingual phonological acquisition.
See his curriculum vitae.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Bilingual Language Laboratory and the Eleanor M. Saffran Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Ph.D., Department of Speech and Hearing Science, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- M.A., Department of English - Linguistics Program, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- B.Ed., Department of English, Center for English Teacher Training, Lajos Kossuth University (currently University of Debrecen)
Professional Writing in Communication Sciences and Disorders
Seminar on Bilingualism and Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
For a complete list of Dr. Bunta's teaching interests and experience, please visit his curriculum vitae.
The core of Dr. Bunta's research is the study of bilingual and cross-linguistic phonological acquisition. There are multiple on-going projects that investigate various aspects of phonological acquisition and representation cross-linguistically and in bilingual speakers revolving around three main lines of research: 1. Phonological Accuracy and Whole-Word Measures in Bilingual and Monolingual Children, 2. Acoustic Properties of Bilingual Children’s Speech, and 3. Bi-Directional Markedness Phenomena in the Phonology of Bilingual Children. Projects focusing on the above-named lines of inquiry are in various stages of development, and to learn more about them, please visit Dr. Bunta's web site and the web page of the Bilingual and Cross-Linguistic Language Laboratory at the University of Houston.
For a complete list of Dr. Bunta's publications, please visit his curriculum vitae.
- Dr. Bunta has served as a reviewer for the National Science Foundation, the Second Biennial NICHD Summer Research Institute, and nine scholarly journals (including Applied Psycholinguistics, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, etc.).
- Member, International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics Association (ICPLA)