Thank You to our sponsors and donors of our 2016 CMAS Luncheon, our students are inmensely grateful for your contribution. We appreciate your commitment to the CMAS Academic Achievers Program, your contribution is vital to the mission of providing our youth what they need to achieve a higher education. You are making a difference and helping dreams come true.
CMAS Luncheon Staff
- Pamela Quiroz, Ph.D, Director
- Rebeca Treviño, Program Manager
- Jessica Thiam, Events Assistant
- Frank Berroteran, Social Media Production Specialist
- Honorary Chair- Philamena Baird, Arthur and Philamena Baird Family Foundation
- Chair- Graciela Saenz, J.D. , Attorney - Saenz and Burkhardt, PLLC
- Paula Alam, Vice President Banking Center Manager, Amegy Bank
- Christina Morales Berger, President, Morales Funeral Home,
- Alfred Castillo, Jr., P.E., PVF/PPE Strategic Sourcing Manager, Global Purchasing- Olin, Blue Cube Operations, LLC
- Gelines Chapa, Designer-Gelines Jewelry
- Edgardo E. Colon, P.C., Attorney at Law, Colon Law Firm
- Eduardo Elizondo, Community Relations Manager, Casa de Esperanza de los Niños, Inc.
- Paula M. Mendoza, UHS Board of Regent, President & CEO, Possible Missions Inc.
- Grace Olivares, Director, Community Empowerment, KXLN-TV Channel 45 Univision
- Edward Sanchez, Philanthropist/Make-Up Artist, Edward Sanchez Cosmetics
- Jerry Santos, Operations Support Analyst, CITGO Petroleum Corp.
- Rosario Spinoso, Marketing Representative and Special Programs Director, Texas Taxis
- Suzanne Suarez, Physician Practice Manager-North Market Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center
- Juan Tello, Principal - Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Marlen J. Trujillo, MBA, Chief Executive Officer - Spring Branch Community Health Center
- Hector Villareal, LUCHO, President & CEO
- Armando Walle-State Representative District 140
President & CEO, Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Founding President & CEO, Greater Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Executive Producer & Host, CBS & Univision Television & Radio
Dr. Laura Murillo is President and CEO of the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. With the support of the Chamber Board and Staff she has set unprecedented records, including becoming the largest Hispanic Chamber in the Country.
She also serves as the Founding President & CEO of the Chamber’s Foundation, Founding Executive Producer/Host for the Chamber’s Television Program on CBS KHOU and for the Chamber’s Radio and TV Program on Univision. Additionally, she is the Founding Executive Producer/Host for the Chamber’s Radio Program on (6) CBS Radio Stations and Telemundo Political Commentator.
She served as an Executive at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. She holds a B.A., a Masters Degree, and a Doctorate from the University of Houston, where she served as an Executive. The University of Houston bestowed its highest honor, the President’s Medallion, to the Chamber and Dr. Murillo.
She has received many state, national and international honors including being named among the “Most Powerful & Influential Women in Texas” and the “Top Latino Leader Award” by the National Diversity Council, “Woman of the Year” by Success Magazine and the “International Leadership Award” by Texas Women’s Empowerment Foundation.
Dr. Murillo was also included in the “Top 10 Who’s Who in Business” and has been named a “Top 5 C-Suite CEO Finalist” by the Houston Business Journal. In 2014, she was honored with the “Hispanic Leadership Award” by the National Football League (NFL).
Dr. Murillo serves on the Houston BBVA Compass Board of Directors, the University of Houston Board Of Advisors, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors, the Houston Symphony’s Hispanic Leadership Council, the Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Board, the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority Board of Directors, the Houston Super Bowl Host Committee and the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition’s Texas Advisory Committee. She is the proud mother of Marisa, 17 and Mia, 13.
To make a gift online, please use our Online Gift Form.
Thank you for your support
Click here to view the gallery