News & Events
The University of Houston Center for Mexican American Studies will present a Film and History Symposium of Spanish Texas on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 starting at 5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Location: University of Houston Campus Farish Hall KIVA Room, 1st Floor 4800 Calhoun Rd. Houston, Texas
The University of Houston Center for Mexican American Studies (CMAS) is hosting a symposium, “President John F. Kennedy, LULAC and the Mexican American Vote,” at noon, Wednesday, Nov. 20 at Hilton University of Houston, Flamingo room. The event is free and open to the public.
In the News
- CMAS visits Univision’s “Nuestra Vida”
Rebeca Treviño (center), AAP-UH Program Manager and Myrna Garcia (left), AAP-UH Sophomore, Biology Major were interviewed for “Nuestra Vida”, Univision’s public affairs show hosted and produced by Grace Olivares, Public Affairs Director for Univision. They discussed the upcoming 17th Annual Noche Cultural banquet and talked about the Academic Achievers program at the center and its accolades and achievements of excellence in higher education. The show will air Sunday, November 10, 2013 on UniMás 67 at 6:30 a.m.
- City of Houston Honors UH Professor with Hispanic Heritage Award
- UH Moment: "Jimenez"
- UH Moment: "Brightest Star Award"
- Eva Longoria graduates,earns Master's in Chicano Studies NBCLatino
- US university helps keep Hispanic youth in education CCTV News
- UH Moment: "Chicano Mural" - KUHF Houston Public Radio
- Universidad de Houston empuja a estudiantes latinos - La Voz (Spanish)
- Tatcho Mindiola, Jr.: Finding A Way: Developing the Center for Mexican American Studies at UH - Houston History Magazine
- Tatcho Mindiola, Jr.: A Visionary at the University of Houston - Houston History Magazine
- Nuestra Vida” - KXLN-TV Channel 45 Univision’s public affairs show.
- Tatcho Mindiola, Jr.: Milestones in the College: 40th Anniversary of the Center for Mexican American Studies