Ph.D., Rice University
A.D. Bruce Religion Center
University of Houston
113B A.D. Bruce Religion Center
Houston, Texas 77204-3052
- B.A. in Bible with minors in Greek and English, Abilene Christian University, 1961.
- M.A. in Doctrine with minor in Hebrew, A.C.U., 1969. Thesis: ―The Apologetic Method of C.S. Lewis.‖
- M.A. in Religious Studies with concentration in Theology and Theological Ethics, Rice University, 1974.
- Ph.d in Religious Studies, Rice University, 1979. Dissertation: ―Two Ages and Two Communities: Implications of an Eschatological Duality for Construction of a Social Ethic.‖
- (Eighty undergraduate and eighty-one graduate hours in Religion)
- Academic Honors: A Club Scholarship (ACC, 1961): McGarvey Fellowship (ACC, 1962): Rice Graduate Scholar (1969-70): Rice Graduate Fellow (1970-72).
Academic Society Memberships
- American Academy of Religion
- Society of Biblical Literature
- American Society of Christian Ethics
- Restoration Theological Research Fellowship
- Resident Scholar in Religion in A.D. Bruce Religion Center and Director of Religious Studies Program for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, University of Houston, 1985-Present.
- Distinguished Visiting Scholar in Religion, Graduate School, Religion Division, Pepperdine University, June, 1993.
- Associate Professor in The Department of Theology, Univesity of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas, 1974-1985.
- Visiting Theologian, University of Houston, 1981-1982.
- Walking in the Light: How Christians Face Ethical Issues. Austin, Texas, Sweet Publishing Co., 1974.
- Two Ages and Two Communities: The Implications of An Eschatological Duality for Development of a Social Ethic. Dissertation at Rice University, 1979. University Microfilms International.
- The Christian Vision and Public Ethics. Peter Lang Publishing Co., Bern and Frankfurt. 1988.
- Editor, All Things Praise Thee…Lord May We. Malibu, Cal., Partnership for Christian Ministry and Publication, Pepperdine University, 1990.
- Mitchell, Lynn, et al. Gender and Ministry. Huntsville, Alabama: Freed-Hardeman University—Publishing Designs, 1990.
- Preface, Koresh: The Waco Holocaust, by Edwin Felix. Houston, Texas: Univers de Presse, 1994.