Phone : 713 743 3940
Office location : PGH 478
Professor Sarath Menon-Chembottil specializes in the areas of sociology of religion and the cultural, economic, and social consequences of globalization in India. He has an earned doctorate from the College of Education with specialization in the sociology of education, and Master's degrees in anthropology and sociology, both from the University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
He teaches courses in sociology of religion, globalization, and race & ethnicity. His current research focuses on the social, cultural, and economic consequences of globalization in India and religious social movements. He is also working on a book about religious social movements in the Indian state of Kerala.
- Ed.D. Doctorate in Education with specialization in the Sociology of Education, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- M.A. Anthropology, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- M.A. Sociology, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- Religion and globalization
- Cultural, economic, and social consequences of globalization
- Demography and migration in Asia and the Middle East
- Sociology of Religion in India
- Sociology of Globalization;
- Introductory Sociology
- Race & Ethnicity
- Sociology of Deviance
- Cultural Anthropology
Love Jihad: Numbers Game or Faithful Fanaticism? In Sociology, Custom UH Custom edition. Pearson 2011.