LIEUTENANT COLONEL MARY “CATIE” HAGUE
Lieutenant Colonel Mary Catherine “Catie” Hague is the Commander of Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 003, University of Houston, Houston, Texas. She is responsible for recruiting, educating, training, and inspiring men and women to become the highest quality leaders in the United States Air Force.
Lieutenant Colonel Hague graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Law. She earned a Master of Arts degree in Strategic Communication from the Missouri School of Journalism in 2008, followed by a Master of Science degree in Strategic Intelligence from the National Defense Intelligence College in 2011.
Lieutenant Colonel Hague began her 16-year career as a Public Affairs Officer for the 325th Fighter Wing at Tyndall AFB, FL, where she was the Chief of Internal Information. She continued on to the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center at Kirtland AFB, NM, where she was a test manager for chemical/biological warfare programs, working within the Joint community to test capabilities for rapid deployment to the warfighter. In 2002, she moved to the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards AFB, CA, to serve as the news service chief before transitioning to the Chief of Public Affairs for the Center’s supporting air base wing. Lieutenant Colonel Hague next became the Deputy Chief of Operations for Headquarters Air Force Space Command’s public affairs office. During her tenure, she managed media relations, internal information, plans, and broadcast operations. In 2009, she transitioned to the Pentagon as the executive officer to the Director of Air Force Public Affairs, followed by an assignment on the Joint Staff. During her time on the Joint Staff, Lieutenant Colonel Hague served as the personal Public Affairs advisor and speechwriter for the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as the Operations and Intelligence liaison within the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for Public Affairs. She provided public affairs guidance and advice to the Chairman, the Vice Chairman, Joint Directors and the Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, and prepared them to engage with the media on key operational issues. Lieutenant Colonel Hague’s last assignment prior to taking command of Detachment 003, was Director of Operations for AFROTC Detachment 805, Texas A&M University.
Lieutenant Colonel Hague has deployed in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, and IRAQI FREEDOM. During her most recent deployment, she served as the executive officer and public affairs advisor to the Director of Strategic Effects/Strategic Communication for Multi-National Force-Iraq.
- 1994, Graduate of the US Air Force Academy Preparatory School, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- 1998, Bachelor of Science in Law, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2004, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2008, Master of Arts in Strategic Communication, Missouri School of Journalism, Columbia, MO
- 2011, Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence, National Defense Intelligence College, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington D.C.
- Jul 98 – Feb 00, Public Affairs Officer, 325th Fighter Wing Public Affairs, Tyndall AFB, FL
- Mar 00 – Jun 00, Public Affairs Officer, Operation NORTHERN WATCH, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
- Jun 00 – Aug 00, Public Affairs Officer, 325th Fighter Wing Public Affairs, Tyndall AFB, FL
- Aug 00 – Dec 02, Test Manager, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, NM
- Dec 02 – Dec 04, Chief of New Service, Air Force Flight Test Center Public Affairs, Edwards AFB, CA
- Dec 04 – Jan 05, Chief of Public Affairs, 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, CA
- Jan 05 – Jun 05, Chief of Public Affairs, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan
- Jun 05 – Jun 06, Chief of Public Affairs, 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, CA
- Jun 06 – Apr 08, Deputy Chief of Current Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command Public Affairs, Peterson AFB, CO
- Apr 08 – Jul 09, Executive Officer and Public Affairs Advisor to the Director of Strategic Effects, Multi-National Force-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq
- Aug 09 – Aug 10, Executive Officer to the Director of Public Affairs, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Public Affairs, The Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- Aug 10 – Jul 11, Student, National Defense Intelligence College, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington D.C.
- Aug 11 – Jul 14, Public Affairs Officer, Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Public Affairs, The Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- Jul 14 – Jul 16, Director of Operations, AFROTC Detachment 805, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Jul 16 – Present, Commander, AFROTC Detachment 003, University of Houston, Houston, TX
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Bronze Star
- Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Army Commendation Medal
- National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
- Iraq Campaign Medal
ACHIEVEMENTS / DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant - May 1998
- First Lieutenan - May 2000
- Captain - May 2002
- Major - Nov 2007
- Lieutenant Colonel - April 2013
(Current as of August 2016)