Facility: REJOICE! TV Network
The REJOICE! Television Network is a 24/7 internet-based, live-streaming television network marketed specifically to a worldwide, English-speaking, urban, Faith-based, Family-Oriented audience. In this context, live-streaming means continually playing television content that can be accessed as part of daily programming as opposed to on-demand streaming content. The REJOICE! Television Network programming consists of G-rated shows geared to a variety of age groups and interests that primarily reflect African-Americans and Minorities in a positive light in today's society. Our intent is to enlighten our audience to historical African-American movies and television shows, as well as showcase original content for a viewer interested in inspirational, lifestyle-oriented television programs.
The REJOICE! Television Network allows student interns to conceptualize, write, produce, cast, direct, and edit an original content program to be broadcast on The REJOICE! Television Network. Once the program has been created, the intern will create a social media marketing and advertising campaign that will be used to promote the program to a worldwide audience.
Hours of Operation:
The program day commerce at 1:00 p.m. and end at 6:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday at Foster Elementary. A limited number of special events may be scheduled for weekend dates.
Duties and Responsabilities:
- Writes scripts for television shows, copy for advertisements, social media, and marketing materials.
- Produces and creates original content for television programming.
- Directs camera and production crew in the filming of original television programming.
- Edits video shows for broadcast using industry-standard editing software.
- Performs as production crew during filming of original television programming.
- Performs in a promotional capacity during major marketing and promotional events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The following are desirable for job success:
- Extensive knowledge of social media communications and outlets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT), Sony Vegas Pro 10 and 11, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Aftereffects.
- Ability to handle general clerical/administrative tasks, professional telephone skills.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments, share tasks, and multi-task, with demonstrated attention to detail in all work projects.
- Professional appearance and attitude.