One World Strategy Group
One World Strategy Group, (One World) is a Houston-based strategic communications firm, founded in 2004, that offers public relations, public affairs and public engagement services to our clients. We pride ourselves in the use of the performance improvement model that helps us guide public perception and policy. Our process is simple, we begin with a thorough assessment of the current situation, a series of strategy sessions, the creation of measurable objectives and a plan to move forward.
Public Affairs Intern, One World Strategy Group
- Attends/views city, county and state meetings and provides written briefs,
- Assists with research and the creation of briefs for associates and strategists
- Participates in creative/ideation sessions as the team is determining strategy
- Creates copy for marketing materials, traditional and social media and public affairs communications,
- Assists in the coordination and execution of special events
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following are desirable for job success:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed-oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional telephone skills and/or ability to be coached
- Ability to handle general clerical/administrative tasks
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from multiple members of the One World team
- Professional appearance and attitude
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.