The Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life’s Baseline Standards represent baseline expectations for how chapters are to engage in fraternity/sorority programming and in the greater university community. ‘Baseline Standards’ include the most important activities in which chapters must engage to be a function member of the fraternity & sorority community. Chapters who are unable to meet ‘Baseline Standards’ will have limited access to the following benefits for the semester immediately following:
- Departmental Sponsorship by the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life for specific programmatic activities.
- CFSL-provided letters of good standing for the purposes of membership recruitment and intake, awards applications, etc.
- Participation in Cat's Back and other student organization fairs
At the close of each semester, notification for chapters falling below Baseline Standards is provided to both the chapter and their respective National Organization.
Baseline Standards for the 2016-2017 Academic Year are listed below:
- Uphold both university policy, student code of conduct, and state and federal laws.
- Full and complete registration as a student organization.
- Accurate and timely reporting of all Active and New Members.
- Final roster reporting for Fall on December 1st.
- Final roster reporting for Spring on April 15th.
- Full participation in the Fraternal Excellence Program, UH’s assessment and awards program specifically designed for fraternities and sororities.
- Chapter participation in mandatory Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life programming listed below:
- Fraternity/Sorority Presidents’ Leadership Summit (August)
For current Baseline Standards achievement by chapters, please visit our Reports & Statistics page