Friday, March 7, 2014
End of late filing period to apply online for fall 2012 graduation with a non-refundable $50 fee. Go to myUH (Peoplesoft) to apply.
Join us for a five-day certificate program from the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA) and the University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business Global Energy Management Institute (GEMI), aimed to equip tomorrow's leaders with the critical business tools needed for success.
Academic professionals and artists will explore the intersection of the end of life with the fine arts. Scheduled panels and presentations:
- Oct. 25: “Deathcare” by Jill S. Casid, professor of visual studies at the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Oct. 25: “The Importance of Place in Burial and Commemoration” by Donna Kacmar, UH professor of architecture; Martha Kondziella, professor at the University of Freiberg (Germany); Jason Sowell, assistant professor of architecture at the University of Texas at Austin
- Oct. 27: “The Day of the Dead: A Celebration of Life and Family” by Ward Albro, senior lecturer at the University of Texas at San Antonio
- Oct. 25: “The Boundary of Life is Quietly Crossed” by artist Dario Robleto.
- Oct. 26: Film screening of Isaac Julian’s “Looking for Langston”
by Daniel Catán
7:30 p.m., Oct. 26, 27, 29
2 p.m., Oct. 28
A banana republic declares war on the Nazis and newlywed salsa musicians are caught in the crossfire. Love is put to the test in this bittersweet comedy that sways to the sultry rhythms of the Caribbean. Sung in Spanish with English translations projected above the stage.
For more information on performances, see the Moores School of Music web site.
By Bertolt Brecht
Directed by Keith Byron Kirk
October 26 - 27 and November 1 - 3 at 8 p.m. | October 28 and November 4 at 2 p.m. | *School Matinee November 2 at 10 a.m.
Set in the plains wilderness of 1930s in the midst of a perpetually warring dust bowl ravaged middle America, Anna Fierling - "Mother Courage" – is an itinerant trader, pulling her wagon of wares and her children through the blood and carnage of economic and socially charged wars.
For additional information, visit the ticket office online.