August 21 - September 7
UHWOW14 promises to fill the first two weeks of the semester with plenty of programs, giveaways and opportunities to get involved on campus and explore what UH has in store for you over the next four years. The goal of UHWOW14 will is to provide information, while connecting new and returning UH students to student organizations, departm ents, and resources, through the promotion of events and programs on a centralized web-calendar at www.uh.edu/wow.
The full UHWOW 14 calendar is also available for download on Android, Blackberry and iPhones via the Guidebook App. To download the calendar and app follow these instructions below:
1. Install the GUIDEBOOK App Available in the Apple, Google or, Amazon App stores.
2. Search for UHWOW14
- Topic Area: Sports Injuries and Modern Medicine
- Presentation Title: Sports Concussion Safety and Treatment: Past, Present & Future
- Invited Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Podell, Methodist Hospital
- UH Faculty Panel Members: Josh Yellen, HHP & Mark Knobluach, HHP
The campus is full of energy as the 2014 fall semester has begun. In celebration, the Student Life area within the Division of Student Affairs will host the Cat's Back: Fall 2014 event. Don't miss all of the fun on Thursday, August 28 at 4:00 p.m. in and around the UH Recreation and Wellness Center. As a tradition for over a decade, this event's purpose is to help welcome new and returning students to campus for the New Year. This yea's Cat's Back Event will feature a Student Organizations Fair, free food, fun Interactive activities, chances to win great prizes and FREE t-shirts (while supplies last).
- Guests Valet at the Club Entrance and are greeted by live entertainment
- After Checking in, Guests are led through the stadium door via a red carpet
- Guests are taken on a guided stadium tour
- Beverage and Food Services throughout the evening
- Half-Time Show
- Speakers include: Bill Worrell, Jarvis Hollingsworth, President Renu Khator, Vice-President for Intercollegiate Athletics Mack Rhoades and Head Football Coach Tony Levine
Free Drinks & Pizza for Students during the Glow Party at Eusan Park