Sunday, January 25, 2015
August 21 - September 7
UHWOW14 promises to fill the first two weeks of the semester with plenty of programs, giveaways and opportunities to get involved on campus and explore what UH has in store for you over the next four years. The goal of UHWOW14 will is to provide information, while connecting new and returning UH students to student organizations, departm ents, and resources, through the promotion of events and programs on a centralized web-calendar at www.uh.edu/wow.
The full UHWOW 14 calendar is also available for download on Android, Blackberry and iPhones via the Guidebook App. To download the calendar and app follow these instructions below:
1. Install the GUIDEBOOK App Available in the Apple, Google or, Amazon App stores.
2. Search for UHWOW14
- Topic Area: Sports and Society: A historical look at the impact of sports on human society
- Invited Speaker: Dr. Randy Roberts
- UH Faculty Panel Members: Russ Curtis, Frank Holt, Jeff Miller, James Pipken and Demetrius Pearson
Join us for conversation and lunch with Curator of Education Katherine Venamen about Blaffer’s current exhibition, Francesca DiMattio: Housewares, on view until Aug. 30. Brown Bag Gallery Talks are fun, lively conversations held with each exhibition, and we welcome audiences on and off campus to partake. Lunch provided after the talks.
Katherine Veneman is the Curator of Education at Blaffer Art Museum at the University of Houston, where she has worked since 2004 and is a practicing artist. She has exhibited her paintings, drawings, and mixed media works in New England and the East Coast as well as in Texas. Prior to moving to Houston, Veneman was the Director of Hera Gallery/Hera Educational Foundation in Wakefield, Rhode Island from 2000-2003 and maintained a studio in Providence. She holds an MFA in Painting from American University in Washington, DC, and received her BA in Fine Arts and History from Amherst College.
- 5:15- the Spirit of Houston Marching Band will break into groups to go around Residence Halls to gather students
- 5:30- the Spirit of Houston Marching Band will lead students to the stadium
- 6:15-6:35- the Cage Rage: Student Stadium Grand Opening Pep Rally will take place on the field
- 6:35- Pep Rally will end and the group photo will be taken on the field while coaches and players get set up in the concourse
- 6:50- $1,000 Field Goal Contest, Meet & Greet and Free Dinner