In February 2017, the Borders, Trade, and Immigration Institute hosted a one-day retreat for the directors of Department of Homeland Security Centers of Excellence.
Directors in attendance included:
- David Ebert, Center for Visualization and Data Analytics (CVADA)
- Randy Kee, Arctic Domain Awareness Center of Excellence (ADAC)
- Amy Kircher, Food Protection and Disease Institute (FPDI)
- Randall J. Sandone and David Malcolm Nichol, Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute (CIRI)
- Tom Richardson, Coastal Resilience Center of Excellence (CRC)
- Carey Rappaport, Center of Excellence for Awareness and Localization of Explosives Related Threats (ALERT)
- Fred Roberts, Command, Control and Interoperability Center for Advanced Data Analysis (CCICADA)
- Jürgen A. Richt, Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases (CEEZAD)
- Hady Salloum, Maritime Security Center of Excellence (MSC)
- Delof von Winterfeldt, National Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events (CREATE).
The purpose of the retreat was to exchange ideas on how to achieve success as a network of DHS Centers of Excellence. The directors shared lessons learned and their personal perspectives on keys to success.