Blackboard can be accessed with a single log in at AccessUH.
New instructors must work with their department office to get their PeopleSoft ID, CougarNet ID, and to get access to Blackboard.
Go to AccessUH to get access to UH Blackboard with your CougarNet login. You will see the Blackboard Learn icon 24-48 hours after you register.
- To find out where your course is, check the Blackboard Course/Section Finder.
- Don't know your CougarNet ID? Look it up at AccessUH or contact Support as shown below.
- Passwords - Once you have your CougarNet ID, you should go to Computer Account Management Password Reset to get your initial password or to reset your password.
- There are no default passwords for CougarNet accounts.
- To reset your Blackboard Learn password, reset your CougarNet password.
- Be sure to use a strong password.
- Passwords cannot contain your CougarNet ID, first, middle, or last names.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the password reset to take effect.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- All passwords expire every 90 days.
- See CougarNet Accounts for more information about Blackboard Learn accounts.
- See Student Help for more resources and information.
- Your Blackboard Learn user name is your Cougarnet ID and your password is your CougarNet password.
- To reset your Blackboard Learn password, select your CougarNet account.
- If you fail to log in successfully after 3 tries, you will be locked out of the account for 30 minutes.
- Wait 30 minutes before you try again.
- Resetting your password will NOT restart the 30 minutes.
- If using Respondus Lockdown Browser for a quiz or homework, you cannot use AccessUH. You have to log in directly to Blackboard Learn by going to http://www.uh.edu/blackboard and clicking on the white Blackboard Learn button.
OTHER PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS? Visit Student Help.