Adobe has released an advisory regarding issues with viewing PDF files with Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari browsers on Mac OS X (10.6 or later). Adobe Reader plug-ins and Acrobat plug-ins before version 10.1.3 are incompatible with the Safari 5.1 browser that shipped with Mac OS X 10.7 and that is available for 10.6.
This is NOT a Blackboard issue, but Mac users trying to read PDF files in Blackboard may encounter problems. Try the workarounds to resolve the problems.
Workarounds suggested by Adobe
Options to deal with this issue include the following:
- Continue to use Safari 5.0.x and Mac OS X 10.6.
- Upgrade to Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 10.1.3 or later.
- Save the PDF file from Safari to the computer, and then open it directly in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
Other options to deal with this issue include the following:
- Use the Google Chrome browser, which correctly displays the embedded PDF file.
- Install a third-party plug-in such as Schubert IT PDF plugin, which is free for educational use. Once installed, restart the browser to activate it.