Students are added into Blackboard 24-48 hours after they officially enroll in a course in myUH (PeopleSoft). When a student is officially dropped from a course, the student may or may not be removed from the course roster inside of Blackboard. If a student has officially dropped a course through the registration system add/drop process, for whatever reason, the student is no longer a member of the class even if the student has not yet been removed from the Blackboard portion of the course. After an official drop has been processed, the ability to access Blackboard does not constitute enrollment in a course.
Support for Students
- UH Blackboard Support Information
- Computer Account Management for Password Resets
- Only available to current students, faculty and staff
- To reset your Blackboard Learn password, reset your CougarNet password.
- New Blackboard Users
- Use Blackboard Course/Section Finder to check if your course uses Learn
- Read the Student Information Handout.
- Clicker Registration Information
- Student Video Tutorials - Learn
- Respondus Lockdown Browser Instructions - Learn
- NOTE: You cannot use AccessUH to take a quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser!
- For best results, get the latest version of Respondus Lockdown Browser and do not take tests on a wireless connection!
- You must close AccessUH and other programs before launching Respondus Lockdown Browser from the desktop.
- Launch Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Select Learn and log in directly. Blackboard Vista is no longer used.
- Use your CougarNet ID and password to log in.
- Best Practices