Students are added into Blackboard 24-48 hours after they officially enroll in a course in myUH (PeopleSoft). When a student is officially dropped from a course, the student may or may not be removed from the course roster inside of Blackboard. If a student has officially dropped a course through the registration system add/drop process, for whatever reason, the student is no longer a member of the class even if the student has not yet been removed from the Blackboard portion of the course. After an official drop has been processed, the ability to access Blackboard does not constitute enrollment in a course.
Support for Students
Resources for Students
- Blackboard Help for Students
- Blackboard Mobile Resource Center
- Avoid getting LOCKED OUT during exams
- Know when your password expires. Check for UH Login Info box under Courses in Learn or check AccessUH.
- Use Blackboard Course Finder to check if your course uses Learn
- Student Information Handout.
- Clicker Information for Students
- Student Video Tutorials for Learn
- Respondus Lockdown Browser Instructions
- NOTE: You cannot use AccessUH to take a quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser!
- For best results, get the latest version of Respondus Lockdown Browser and do not take tests on a wireless connection!
- You must close AccessUH and other programs before launching Respondus Lockdown Browser from the desktop.
- Launch Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Go to http://www.uh.edu/blackboard and click on the white login button.
- Enter your CougarNet ID and password.
- Navigate to your course and quiz.
- Best Practices