- Request Blackboard for New Semester
- Add TAs and Other Instructors
- Use the Blackboard Faculty Course Request Form and log in. Look for "Add TA/Instructor" at the top of the page.
- Student Enrollments
- Starting five days before the first day of classes, student enrollments and unenrollments will be added to and removed from the Blackboard course Grade Centers based on information from the PeopleSoft Student Administration system.
- Enrollment processing is done twice a day at 5 am and 5 pm. Once a student makes an enrollment change in PeopleSoft, it may take 1-2 days for enrollment changes to appear in Blackboard and another day for them to appear to the student in AccessUH.
- Send an email to email@example.com if you want students loaded earlier than 5 days before the start of the semester.
- Once students are loaded into a Blackboard course, changes to the course organization are limited. The course can no longer be combined with or separated from other courses or sections.
- Course Availability for Blackboard Learn
- In Blackboard Learn, the instructor can control whether students will see the course after students have been added into the course grade center.
- By default, students in the Grade Center will see a Learn course as soon as they are loaded.
- If you don't want students to see the course, change the course availability in the Course Control Panel - Customization – Properties. Be sure to press Submit for the change to take effect.
- More Information
- For more information about Blackboard at UH, including workshops and support, go to Blackboard Faculty Help
For Faculty help with Blackboard, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, check http://uh.edusupportcenter.com or call 844-570-6763.