| || |
Start of Semester Procedures
| || || || |
If you need assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-743-1475 option 2 Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm.
- Request Blackboard for New Semester
- Add TAs and Other Instructors
- Student Enrollments
- Starting 4-5 days before the start of the semester, student enrollments and unenrollments are added to and removed from the Blackboard course Grade Centers based on information from the PeopleSoft Student Administration system.
- Since processing is only done once a day in the early morning, it may take 1-2 days for enrollment changes to appear in Blackboard.
- Send an email to email@example.com if you want students loaded earlier than 5 days before the start of the semester.
- Course Availability for Blackboard Learn
- In Blackboard Learn, the instructor controls when students will see the course after students have been added into the course grade center.
- Students in the Grade Center will not see a Learn course until the instructor makes the course available.
- To make the course available, go to the Course Control Panel - Customization – Properties. Change Course Availability to Yes. Press Submit.
- Course Availability for Blackboard Vista
- In Blackboard Vista, courses become available on the first day of the semester.
- To make the course available earlier, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you want the course to be available to students.
- More Information
| || || || || |
| || |