The Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design seeks applicants possessing mechanical inventiveness, aesthetic awareness, creativity, commitment, and initiative. These characteristics lend to student's potential to become leaders in design.
Recognized as one of the most diverse programs in the United States, our college continues to grow. While our student body has simultaneously become larger and more diverse, our applicant test scores have also risen in the past several years.
The success of our students and alumni, as well as the work of accomplished faculty educating our students, are what put us on top. We don't want to brag on ourselves, but our numbers say it all.
- #29 of the top 35 undergraduate programs in the United States (DesignIntelligence)
- Top 7% of 508 architecture schools in the United States (Architecture College Rankings)
- #6 out of the top 10 Industrial Design programs in the United States; #14 in the world (Red Dot)
- 30 years as a leader in design/build education
- 3 international student exhibitions in Venice, Berlin, and Hong Kong (2020)