ADC Director: Peter J. Norton, Ph.D.
Dr. Norton is Professor of Psychology at the University of Houston, and Director of the Anxiety Disorder Clinic, a specialty treatment and research center located within the University of Houston's Psychological Research and Services Center. He joined the UH faculty in 2003 after graduating from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and completing his predoctoral residency at University of British Columbia Hospital in Vancouver, Canada. Previously, Dr. Norton obtained a Master's degree in Sports Psychology from the University of Western Australia. He has authored roughly 100 research papers that have been published or are being considered for publication, mostly on the topics of anxiety disorders or chronic pain, and has delivered many presentations or workshops. He has received awards and grants from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Houston, Anxiety Disorders Association of America, and American Psychological Association for his work on studying and treating anxiety. He recently completed a 5-year research grant from the National Institute of Mental Health to conduct research on group treatments for anxiety disorders.
Anxiety Disorder Clinic Staff
- Chelsea Gilts, M.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student)
- Tannah Little, M.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student)
- Daniel Paulus, B.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student)
- Angela H. Smith, M.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student)
- Derek Szafranski, M.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student) *Currently on predoctoral residency
- Alex Talkovsky, M.A. (Clinical Psychology graduate student)
ADC Research Staff
- Luke Heggeness (Post-Baccelaureate Research Assistant)
- Fanny Kuang (Undergraduate Research Assistant)
- Phillip Landry (Graduate Research Assistant)
- Terri Barrera, Ph.D.
- Lance Chamberlain, Ph.D.
- Askley Christiansen, Ph.D.
- Sarah Garnaat, Ph.D.
- Kelly Green, Ph.D.
- Jessica Grogan, Ph.D.
- Kelly Grover, Ph.D.
- Suzanne Klenck, Ph.D.
- Amanda Mathew, Ph.D.
- Laura Philipp, Ph.D.
- Katie Sears, Ph.D.
- Esther Price, Ph.D.
- Christina Robinson, Ph.D.
- Leslie Schart, Ph.D.
- Christi Washington, Ph.D.