Faculty encouraged to submit textbook orders by deadline
The Oct. 25 deadline to submit spring textbook orders to the UH Bookstore is fast approaching. Auxiliary Services, with the support of the Office of the Provost, is encouraging all faculty members to submit their orders as soon as possible.
The results of submitting orders early include:
1) By knowing if a textbook will be used again next semester, the UH Bookstore can offer current semester students higher buyback prices.
2) Before enrolling in spring classes, students will be able to access textbook pricing information for their courses, giving them more time to prepare for their financial responsibility to UH.
3) The UH Bookstore is able to shop around and find the best prices and options for used, rental and digital textbooks.
4) It ensures that UH complies with Texas House Bill 33 and the federal Higher Education Opportunity Act.
Why the UH Bookstore?
1) Students can use their financial aid, book loan or scholarship funds on textbook purchases at the UH Bookstore whereas they may not be able to do so at other stores.
2) The UH Bookstore supports UH students with textbook scholarships awarded each term.
3) The UH Bookstore is the university's preferred provider for textbooks.
There's several simple and convenient ways to submit book requests. It can be done online at www.uh.bkstore.com, via email to email@example.com or by calling 713-748-0923. Faculty can also drop their orders off in person at the bookstore, which is located in the University Center. They may fax it to 713-748-8719 or 713-748-8697. They can also mail it using mail code 3030.