Wildfire Prevention Safety Tips
The Department of Public Safety would like to share a few
wildfire prevention safety tips to the campus community. Humans
contribute up to 90% of all wildfires. Please take a minute to
review these prevention tips:
1. Do not leave safety chains loose and dragging on the roadside
as they may spark.
2. Never leave campfires unattended.
3. While all but five counties in the state of Texas are under a
burn ban, always be sure and obey all county burn bans.
4. Remove combustible material from around your home or easily
5. Keep lawn mowers and agricultural equipment in proper working
condition and avoid rocks and other materials which might cause
6. Develop an evacuation plan with your co-workers, friends,
family and neighbors.
7. Use extreme caution when cooking outdoors.