Tips on Staying Safe during the current wildfire situation
In the unfortunate event that you encounter a wildfire, we would
like to offer some safety information.
To protect yourself from a wildfire, you should:
• Stay informed of all local burn bans and restrictions.
• Postpone any type of burning when conditions are dry or windy.
• Create “defensible space” around your property
• Have an evacuation plan
During an Air Quality Alert issued by the National Weather
Service, protect yourself from the air pollution caused by smoke
• Remaining indoors and keeping windows and doors closed
• Do not exercise outdoors
• When driving your car in smoky areas, keep your windows and
• If outdoor exposure to smoky areas is necessary, breathe
through a cloth to help filter out fine particles in the air.
For more information on wildfire safety please visit the
National Fire Protection Association at
http://www.firewise.org/ to learn more about how to
protect yourself and property from wildfires.