Building Coordinators Corner
The next Building Coordinator quarterly meeting, scheduled for Feb. 28, promises to provide some crucial and interesting information that will be helpful to all building coordinators.
The agenda includes information about the recent building facility condition assessment, the capital improvement project, access control, enhanced features in FAMIS, and much more.
Here is the agenda:
Date: Feb. 28
Time: 9-11 a.m.
Location: Kiva, Farish Hall
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Major Capital Project Update - Jonathan Thurston
- Building Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) - Jim Norcom
- Next Steps and Prioritizing (FCA) - Sameer Kapileshwari and Avinash Rahurkar
- Capital Improvement Project Update (CIP) - Mike Yancey and Jeanne LaMontagne
- Access Control Update - Malcolm Davis
- FAMIS Update / Enhanced Features - Khanh Hodges
- Building Coordinator Expectations and Updates - Jacquie Vargas
- Open Discussion/Questions
- Next Quarterly Building Coordinator Meeting - Friday, May 9
Did you know you can send a text message on your phone from any location, 24-7, to report a facilities-related issue or concern? It is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!
1. When you see or notice something on campus that needs to be reported, use your phone device’s messaging feature to send a text to email@example.com.
2. Include your name and contact information, the building name (and number if you have it), what the facilities-related concern consists of, and include photos when possible.
3. Hit Send.
There's no need to wait until you are in front of your computer or laptop. This is especially helpful if you are in a meeting room or classroom and you notice the temperature is either uncomfortably hot or cold. You can send your text without interruption and without having to wait.
Next month's edition of Building Coordinator's Corner will include custodial inspections, the campus-wide LED lighting project, and a preview of FAMIS enhanced features.
If you have any questions, wish to offer some feedback or have a special topic that you would like to see addressed in the BC Corner, please contact Adriana Avila or Jacquie Vargas.