Students benefit when textbook information is available by the deadline
Auxiliary Services, with the support of the Office of the Provost, is urging all faculty members to turn in their summer and fall textbook orders to the UH Bookstore by March 22.
There are several key advantages for students when textbook information is available prior to enrolling:
- Financial impact to students! Higher textbook buyback payout prices are available on textbooks that are re-adopted for the next semester.
- More textbook options may be available to students such as rental, used, digital and new. The earlier the bookstore knows, the better!
- Students will have enough time to make the best financial decision for purchasing textbooks. Students can purchase their textbooks using their financial aid, book loans and other scholarships that may have time limits.
- The University of Houston maintains state compliance with the current Texas House Bill 33 and the federal Higher Education Opportunity Act.
How can faculty members submit their book requests? There are five easy ways:
- Online - This is the fastest way to submit requests. Go to the bookstore’s website at www.uh.bncollege.com and select the "Faculty Resources" tab at the top right.
- Email - Send your book requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone - Call in the requests at 713-748-0923.
- Fax - Fax your requests to 713-748-8697 or 713-748-8719.
- In person - Requests can be dropped off at the bookstore, or a bookstore representative can come by and pick it up.