DPS announces several recent changes
In the midst of the University of Houston
Department of Public Safety securing the campus through its
daily functions, there have been several changes made within the
DPS bureaus relocate
The Emergency Management Bureau has moved to the University of
Houston’s Center for Public Broadcasting building.
The Fire Marshal’s Bureau has joined the Environmental Health
and Safety Bureau and moved to the General Services building.
Promotions and interim assignments within UHDPS
The UHDPS is proud to announce the following interim
appointment s and promotions which have occurred within each
Environmental Health and Safety
• Joe Tremont has been appointed the Interim Director for
Environmental Health and Safety.
• Chris McDonald has been appointed Interim Fire Marshal.
• Debra Pruitt and Chad Leveritt were promoted to the rank of
• Aaron O’Donley and LaTorsha Batts have been promoted to the
rank of sergeant.
• Walter Lucas has been promoted to the rank of lieutenant.
• Jacqueline Wood was promoted to dispatcher.
• Clifford Bigley was promoted to security officer supervisor.
• Charles Burks was promoted to security officer supervisor.
• Mario Castro was promoted to security officer supervisor.
Reassignments and Transfers with the UHDPS
Ginger Walker has been reassigned to work with Emergency
Management as the emergency management specialist-planning and
Cindy Granier has been reassigned within the Administration and
Finance Division to work with Malcolm Davis, assistant vice
president and Nancy Nguyen, executive administrative administer.
Evelyn Brown has been reassigned to the Police Personnel Unit as
a program manager.
New hires within UHDPS
• Robin Brown
• Jacqueline Burton
• Abner Duran
• Daniel Goodie
• Nicole Semien
• Dominic Webb
• Lawrence Woodard
Parking Enforcement Assistants
• Milton Watson
• Carlos Planchart
• Yolanda Reed
All of the above changes have been made in effort to better
assist the UHDPS and the UH community.