Volunteers needed for A&F Ambassadors
It's once again time for the A&F Ambassadors to come together and serve UH students by providing everything from information to refreshments.
Just as before, there will be several stations around campus
on the first two days of class - Aug. 26-27 - that will need volunteers to help give students a warm UH welcome.
The volunteer locations are:
1) Welcome Center Parking Garage: Volunteers will assist with traffic flow at the garage entrance between Moody Towers and the Welcome Center. Main responsibility will be to help get people where they need to be by providing directions and parking options.
2) Bookstore: Due to construction, volunteers will help direct traffic to the entrance. They will also hand out information on textbook loans.
3) Shuttle Tablings: Volunteers will not only provide information on the different routes but will also promote items like the "Make Your Ride Count!" campaign, Cougar Trax and more in addition to handing out campus maps.
4) Cougar Card: Here people will help answer basic questions about the card and the online services available in addition to assisting with line/traffic control.
5) Dining: Volunteers will help direct traffic and also assist students with navigating both dining halls.
If you'd like to volunteer, email Jessica Mize at
email@example.com and she will add you to the roster.