- Procedure #1 = New Department Address/Mailcode and PS Updates
- Procedure #2 = Department Move and PS Updates
- Procedure #3 = Updating location codes/mailcodes for Position Numbers in PS
Certain procedures must be taken in order to change the official campus address when a department moves from one location to another, or the official department name. The following steps also explain how to have this information changed in PeopleSoft.
1. Go to the UH Printing and Postal website and click on Forms. Select Department Address or Department Name Change Request Form.
- Complete the required information and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- A new campus address will be assigned to you by the Director of UH Printing and Postal Services. Your mailcode remains the same. This information will be emailed to your attention or your new department name will be changed on the postal campus address listing. Notice will be sent to HRIS of depatmental move
- If you have any questions concerning the completion of this form, contact Sally Rowland-Ketley at X3-5824.
2. Go to the UH Finance website and click on Forms. Select Chartfield Action Forms. Select PSGL009 – Department Action
- Under Action Requested, check Change Department Description.
- Complete all of the requested information.
- In the Explanation field, record the following information: “The campus address and mailcode assigned by UH Postal Services is _______________________. Reports to ___________________________” (college or division.”)
- Print the Chartfield Action Form and obtain the required signatures, including Certifying Signature Authority at the College or Division Level. Scan the completed form and send as an attachment to Human Resources at email@example.com
- For any questions concerning the form, contact Mandy Bentley at X3-6407.
3. HRIS coordinates buget approval and completes Departmental ID changes in PeopleSoft HR and notifies:
- CHRMS/Payroll to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft HR.
- Budget to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft Financial
- Financial Systems to modify the security tree for Report.Web access.
- Employment to modify the Department ID in the OJS system. Please contact employment directly to modify individual profiles.
- And returns a copy of completed Form and all attachments to Initiator.
4. The initiator notifies other areas that are affected by the change, including websites and letterhead.
- Administrators may also need to update PASS with employees' new building code and room number through UHS, HRMS, HR> use> change work address.