Thanks to a recent University agreement with METRO, UH faculty, staff and students will be able to ride METRORail to campus free of charge on football home game days this season.
Anyone with a valid Cougar Card ID or ticket to the day’s game can take advantage of the offer anytime throughout the day on game days, which means Cougars will have an alternative transportation option to not only catch the matchups in TDECU Stadium, but also get to work and class.
Currently enjoying some hard-earned success after the stellar start to the season, the Cougars are drawing more fans than ever, which, although great for the team, means additional traffic throughout University roads, parking lots and garages, so the METRO deal couldn’t have come at a better time.
To avoid the anticipated congestion, individuals are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this incentive during the two weeknight games the team will host on Thursday, Sept. 29 and Thursday, Nov. 17, as traffic is expected to be heaviest on these dates.
Individuals planning to ride the rail can park at any of the following locations; however, spaces are limited:
- Northline Transit Center - 7813 Fulton St. - No charge
- Palm Center - 5300 Griggs Rd. - No charge
- South Fannin - 1505 W. Bellfort Ave. - $3 METRO parking fee
Each location is conveniently located near a METRORail station. To view them on a map click here.
For more information on the anticipated campus impacts on football game days visit www.uh.edu/parkgameday.
A schedule of the remaining home games can be found below.
2016 home game schedule:
- Thursday, Sept. 29 - 7 p.m. (vs. UConn)*
- Saturday, Oct. 15 - TBA (vs. Tulsa)
- Saturday, Oct. 29 - TBA (vs. UCF)
- Saturday, Nov. 12 - TBA (vs. Tulane)
- Thursday, Nov. 17 - 7 p.m. (vs. Louisville)*
* Please note, these dates are expected to have the greatest impact on campus parking.