Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

You can purchase a parking permit through your myParking Account, accessible via AccessUH. See instructions. All student permits will be sold online only. The permit will be mailed to the address chosen during the registration process. This chart helps outline that timeline for individuals who are still waiting to receive their permit. 
All permits ordered online will be mailed to the mailing address chosen during the registration process. Permits ordered before a semester begins, will be mailed approximately 2 weeks before the first day of class. Permits ordered after the first day of classes will be mailed within 2 business days. A temporary printable permit is assigned by the system and can be used for up to 7 days while you wait for the permanent permit. The link for this temporary permit is provided in the confirmation email you received once you complete your purchase. This chart helps illustrate the mailing process/timeline.
If you have not received your permit, this chart will help you determine what you should do. 
No. We ask that you come to our Parking Services desk at the Welcome Center garage to receive a replacement in order to minimize the risk of losing another permit in the mail.
No problem! Lost or stolen permits may be replaced at the cost of $25.00 in our office. If your permit was stolen and you have a police report filed, you may bring a copy of that report and we will issue a replacement free of charge. Only 1 permit per academic year will be replaced at $25. Any additional replacements will be at full price.
Individuals will have the opportunity to exchange their permits, only BEFORE the desired permit sells out. For example, if you currently have a Student permit and would like to exchange it for an Economy permit, you will only be able to if Economy permits are still available for sale.

If the permit you desire is sold out, you will have the option to sign up on a waiting list, as a limited number of permits MAY become available at the start of the SPRING and SUMMER semesters.
Yes. License plate information is used by PTS and UH Police to better serve you. PTS uses it to contact you if you are issued a citation as requested by SGA legislation. UH Police uses the information to contact you in case that your vehicle needs to be moved or is in an accident. Having your vehicle’s license plate registered with the parking office will not prevent you from receiving a citation if your permit is not properly displayed or if you are parked incorrectly.
During the registration process, you can choose to place the charges on your student account (Fee Bill) or pay with a credit card (Visa/MasterCard). If you choose to add the fee to your student account, you can pay the charges using MyUH (PeopleSoft) or in person at the Cashier's counter at the Welcome Center. Please note that it will take a few days for the permit fee to be posted your Fee Bill. For payment options, please visit the Student Financial Services website.
The three main types of permits available for students are:
  • Garage permits (specific to locations: Stadium, East or Welcome Center Student)
  • Student permits
  • Economy permits

Garage permits allow individuals to park in the specific facility designated in the permit title. For example: Stadium Garage passes are only valid in the STUDENT section of the Stadium Parking Garage.

Student and Economy permits are restricted to specific lots around campus. This map outlines where you can park, based on permit type.

Additionally, a detailed description of each permit type can be found on the Student Parking Page.
You may choose to purchase a student, garage or economy permit and park in that designated area. 
A limited number of residential parking permits are available for students who live in the Calhoun Lofts. These permits are only valid in reserved lot 21A from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., and all other student lots on campus after 4 p.m. 

Faculty/Staff Parking

Faculty and staff members will need to visit the Parking Services desk at the Welcome Center garage to complete a permit application and obtain your permit. Alternatively, there will be a period during late spring/early summer when you will be able to order your parking permit online and have it delivered to your department.
The parking department accepts cash, check, Visa or MasterCard for payment of your parking permit. You may also choose to have the cost of your permit deducted from your monthly or bi-weekly payroll. Please note that in order to be eligible for payroll deductions you must be a regular full or part-time employee that is paid by the university.
The parking office will provide you with one of our temporary visitor permits at a reduced rate. For a monthly pass the cost will be $22.50 instead of $45.00. The cost of a weekly permit will be $6.00 instead of $12.00. These passes will allow you to park in student lots. Please note: you will need a letter from your department proving that you are a temporary employee.
All regularly employed and benefits-eligible full and part-time staff members are able to purchase a parking permit. Also, Teaching Assistants and Aramark employees may also obtain staff parking permits by coming into the parking office and requesting one.
You may transfer your permit between vehicles as long as it is displayed properly.
If you have an Ungated permit, you may park in any lot designated as Faculty/Staff Ungated, Student or Economy. Gated permits will allow you to park in the gated lot that you are assigned to in addition to the places where an Ungated permit is valid. Economy permits allow you to park only in economy lots. Faculty/Staff permits are not permitted in RHE lots.
Yes. If you have an Ungated permit there is nothing special that you need to do as you already have the permission to use any Ungated lot on campus. However, if you have a gated permit and wish to change lots, go to Parking Self Service in AccessUH and sign up on the waitlist for the lot you’re interested in.
Please call L'Oreal O'Reilly-Smith at 832-842-5753.
If you feel that too much has been deducted from your paycheck, please bring us your paystub and we will gladly correct any mistakes.
No. If you have a permit and have terminated your employment you must return your parking permit to the parking office in order to clear that item off of your termination checklist.