Cards that are cared for properly, should last for several years. You should exercise the same care for your Cougar Card as you would a credit or debit card.
Cards that have been damaged through "normal wear and tear" will be replaced at no charge. Damage from normal wear and tear includes but not limited to damage caused by swiping the card through card reader devices. Examples of this type of damage include:
- Horizontal wear on the magnetic stripe
- Horizontal breakage of the card along the magnetic stripe
- Punch a hole in the Cougar Card
- Put a magnet next to your card
- Bend your card
- Put scratches in the magnetic stripe