The University of Houston is committed to increasing the
Visiting campus is one way to increase a student’s probability of attending college. To this end, we are proud to announce a new College Visit Grant program to financially support schools and community organizations with their visit to the University of Houston.
- Groups must serve Texas students grades 9th–12th.
- Chaperone(s) must attend with a group (1:10 chaperone to student ratio).
- 5 students minimum and 50 students are maximum
- 6 chaperones maximum.
- Schedule visit at least one month in advance.
- The University of Houston will provide up to $1,000 per group. A group may request additional funding (up to $1,500) if the distance is significant, or if there is a considerable number of students registered to attend.
- Group visit grants are limited to high school students and offered once per academic year.
- May be used to
- Substitute Pay
- OR, other costs associated with your HOUSTON campus visit.
Next Steps: Groups interested in receiving the grant must complete the following:
- Register for a group visit date.
- In the registration form, select "yes" under “Are you interested in submitting a College Visit Grant Application?”. The grant application fields will automatically populate.
- Once approved, send the requested documents to the Visit Coordinator Office, including student contact information using the template provided and vendor payment forms for your school.
groupis selected, complete pre- and post-survey (provided if groupis selected).