How to Apply
- Apply online
- The $75 application fee. You may pay the application fee by sending an American Express money order or a U.S. bank draft to the admissions office.
- For freshman admission , submit official copies of all India Secondary School certificates or other 12-year high school certificates.
- For transfer admission , submit official copies of university mark sheets for minimum one year of university study.
- Official TOEFL test score report showing a minimum of 79 on the Internet-based exam, 550 on the paper based, or 213 on the computerized test.
- TOEFL or SAT School code 6870
- One passport-size photograph of yourself.
- Copy of your passport showing your name, date of birth, country of birth, nationality and visa (when applicable).
- Letter of Financial Backing (PDF) with the name and signature of a sponsor to indicate sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your enrollment at the University of Houston. Without the Letter of Financial Backing, your application is incomplete. Note: Students on F or J visa are not eligible to sponsor other students.
- Permission Release Form. (PDF)
- Mail all documents to:
University of Houston
Office of Admissions
4400 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023