How to Apply as an International Transfer
To apply as an International Transfer the following items must be received by the University of Houston by the international dates and deadlines. Please attach the International Undergraduate Checklist when you submit your documents.
- Apply Texas Application (www.applytexas.org). Submit a completed online Apply Texas Application for the University of Houston-Main Campus.
- Application Fee of $75. The application fee cannot be refunded, waived, or deferred. You may pay this with a credit card when you submit your online application or send an American Express money order or a U.S. bank draft to the University Of Houston Office Of Admissions.
- Official Academic Credentials. Submit all official transcript(s), mark sheet(s) and degree certificates for each year of attendance from ALL university and/or college(s) attended. Official academic credentials must be submitted in the original language (s) of issue and with an official English translation. Once submitted, all records become the property of the University of Houston and documents will not be returned. For more specific information on accepted official academic credentials go to Official Transcripts and Related Documents.
- Official Test Scores. TOEFL or IELTS test scores- All applicants are required to show proof of English Language Proficiency. For acceptable test scores and/or exemptions go to English Language Proficiency and Exemptions.
Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the University of Houston to be considered official. The institutional code for the University of Houston for TOEFL is 6870. There is no institutional code for the IELTS examination (the testing agency should mail the official results to the address below). The Office of Admissions will use the highest test score from one test date. Photocopies or other duplication of scores are not acceptable. TOEFL/IELTS scores must not be more than two years old.
The following items are required for I-20 Form.
In addition, applicants seeking to attend the University of Houston and require the I-20 Form for an F-1 student visa and/or to maintain their F-1 Visa status must submit the following items:
- Letter of Financial Backing Form with the sponsor’s original signature and original bank statement. This should include the signature of a parent, sponsor or relative to indicate sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your enrollment at the University of Houston. Note: Students on F or J visa are not eligible to sponsor other students. If self-sponsoring, you must include a recent bank statement showing assets of $28,600 US (undergraduate) which covers nine months of living expenses and fees.
- Copy of your passport showing your name, date of birth, country of birth, nationality and U.S. visa (when applicable).
- Student Address/Photo Identification Form
- Permission Release Form (Optional). If you wish to give another person access to your file information, please submit this Permission Release Form
- I-20 Transfer Form. For admitted students to UH. International Students that are transferring to UH from another U.S. institution may submit an I-20 Transfer Form to move their documentation from their current school to University of Houston.
- MAILING ADDRESS
- All required documents and credentials should be mailed to:
- University of Houston
- Office of Admissions
- Welcome Center
- 4400 University Drive
- Houston, Texas 77204-2023