Apply as an International Student

The University of Houston is traveling to India and South America. See if a University of Houston representative will be at a University Fair near you! For more infomation and to register, please click on the desired location below.

New Delhi, India Sunday, Sept. 6, 2015
Ahmedabad, India Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015   
Mumbai, India Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015
Bangalore, India Sunday, Sept. 13, 2015
Quito, Ecuador Monday, Sept. 14, 2015
Hyderabad, India Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2015
Lima, Peru Thursday, Sept. 17, 2015
Chennai, India Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brazil   Monday, Sept. 21, 2015
Sao Paulo, Brazil Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2015

Are you looking for a great education in the heart of an international city with a friendly attitude? Then welcome to the University of Houston.

  • Students come to UH from 137 nations, drawn by the University’s outstanding academic programs, exceptional research opportunities, and extraordinary diversity.
  • UH is among the Top 25 institutions with greatest international enrollment in the United States.
  • The UH student body is comprised of more than 39,200 undergraduate and graduate students, serving over 3,000 international students and research scholars

Ready to join this dynamic place?

International Application Options

First-time student?
If you are an international student and have never been enrolled in post-secondary study and have completed the equivalent of 12 years of more of elementary and secondary schooling based on your country’s educational system, you should apply as an International Freshman student. International Freshman student.

Previous post-secondary coursework/experience?
If you are an international student who was or is enrolled in post-secondary study/coursework at a college or university located either overseas or in the U.S. and are now interested in undergraduate admission at the University of Houston, you should apply as an International Transfer student.

Completed a four-year undergraduate degree?
If you are an international student and have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree (four years of post-secondary study) and you are interested in a graduate degree, you should apply as an International Graduate student. If you are seeking an additional undergraduate degree or interested in taking additional undergraduate coursework, you should apply as an International Transfer student.