Applying to the University of Houston as a transfer is a first step toward your rewarding future.
- The application. Go to applytexas.org and submit your ApplyTexas application for the University of Houston (main campus).
- The $75 Application Fee ($90 for international applicants). Pay the nonrefundable application fee when you submit your ApplyTexas application or mail a check or money order to the Office of Admissions. Your check or money order must be payable to: University of Houston.
- Send your test scores. All applicants who did not graduate from a U.S. accredited high school or did not graduate high school from a UH recognized English-speaking country will be required to provide adequate proof of English Language Proficiency to receive admission.
- Send your official college transcripts. Send your official transcript from ALL colleges/universities attended. UH requires official transcripts from each and all institutions attended. For fastest processing, request for your school to send your transcripts using SPEEDE.
(3-5 business day to match your transcript to your file)
If your school cannot send SPEEDE transcripts, UH accepts transcripts the following methods
(The methods below may take a month to match your transcript to your file.
- Electronic Transcripts sent by Parchment/DocuFide, eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, JST, AVOW, etc.
(If the eTranscript service your school uses is requesting an email address, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Paper Transcript sent by mail to the Office of Admissions.
Please Note: UH does not accept faxed transcripts or transcripts sent by students via email attachment.
Where to Mail Application Items
If you are submitting your application fee and/or official transcript by mail, please send to:
Office of Admissions
University of Houston
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023