Applying to the University of Houston as a freshman is a first step toward your rewarding future.
First, be sure to check our deadlines and admissions requirements. Then, take a look at our New Student Checklist to see a complete guide to applying to the University of Houston. Here is a list of the major documents that every applicant will need:
- The application. You must apply online using the ApplyTexas Application.
- The $50 application fee. Submit your application with a credit card payment or mail a check or money order to the Office of Admissions. Check or money order must be payable to: University of Houston.
- Your high school transcript. We need your official transcript with your class rank, so ask your high school registrar to send it to the address below. Transcripts must be sent to UH electronically (the preferable method) or in a sealed envelope from the institution. Fax and photocopies are not accepted.
- Your test scores. Official SAT or ACT scores should be sent directly to UH from the testing agency. SAT and ACT policy allows students to send test scores to several colleges. Scores can also be sent through The College Board (code 6870) or ACT (code 4236). Please note that your official test scores must have been taken within the last five years.
For a faster admission decision, students are encouraged to submit the application fee, transcripts and test scores electronically, if available.
Simply apply online today!
You also have three choices in paying the application fee:
- Pay the fee with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) when you apply online.
- After applying, you can pay by credit card by logging in to your myUH self-service account and clicking on Student Admission, then "Application Fee Payment." You will need your myUH ID, which is assigned when your application is submitted.
- Mail a check or money order directly to the University of Houston at the address shown below. Check or money order must be payable to: University of Houston.
University of Houston
Office of Admissions
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023