Apply as a Freshman
Applying to the University of Houston as a freshman is a first step toward your rewarding future.
First, be sure to check our deadlines and admissions requirements. Then, take a look at our New Student Checklist to see a complete guide to applying to the University of Houston. Here is a list of the major documents that every applicant will need:
- The application. You must apply online using the Apply Texas Application.
- The $50 application fee. Submit your application with a credit card payment or send a check or money order to the Office of Admissions.
- Your high school transcript. We need your official transcript with your class rank, so ask your high school registrar to send it to the address below. Transcripts must be sent to UH in a sealed envelope or sent electronically. Fax and photocopies are not accepted.
- Your test scores. Official SAT or ACT scores should be sent directly to UH from the testing agency. SAT and ACT policy allows students to send test scores to several colleges. Scores can also be sent through The College Board (code 6870) or ACT (code 4236). Please note that your official test scores must have been taken within the last five years.
- Mail application, fee and documents/scores to:
University of Houston
Office of Admissions
4400 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023