Students will register for courses during Advising and Registration for Transfers (ART). There are a few Negative Service Indicators visible in a student's myUH account which may prevent course enrollment. Before attending an ART, please review the following information and determine if any of these apply:
Negative Service Indicators/Holds
Students can check their myUH account to see 1) Negative Service Indicators on their account (if any) and 2) What to do or details related to these Negative Service Indicators. If you see a red circle with a line through it, this is a Negative Service Indicator icon and means there is a HOLD on the student's record. The student can either click on the icon or click on the text link under the HOLDs section of theif account in the Student Service Center to reveal more information about the hold and what steps are needed to take to remove the hold.
Texas Success Initiative
- You are required to clear the TSI requirement before you will be allowed to enroll in classes.
- The Texas Success Initiative, or TSI, is a state-legislated program designed to ensure that students enrolled in public colleges and universities possess the academic skills needed to perform effectively in college level course work.
- TSI replaced TASP, the Texas Academic Skills Program, as of Fall semester 2003.
- If you graduated from a Texas Public High School you may be exempt; for a complete understanding of exemptions, please click here.
- If you have questions about the TSI requirements, please contact UScholars at 832-842-2100.
Math Placement Exam
- All newly admitted students must take the Math Placement Exam. SAT and AP scores do not make you exempt.
- Before you can take the Math Placement Exam, you will need to create an account with CASA and take the Math Placement Exam. To do this, visit http://online.math.uh.edu/MathPlacement/ and follow the instructions provided.
- You cannot attend your New Student Orientation or enroll in math- or science-related courses if you have not completed the Math Placement Requirements.