You’ve got homework already! Before you arrive at your New Student Conference, take a moment and review the information provided below by your college. Follow the steps they provided to prepare you for academic advisement and course registration. By taking the time now to familiarize yourself with the process, you will be able to walk into New Student Conference academic advising with a plan which will help you build a successful course schedule.
- When it’s time to register for courses you’ll need to know how to navigate through the Course Registration section of your myUH portal. Click here to view step-by-step instructions.
- Click here to view all steps leading to enrollment.
- Make sure your UH email “destination” is up to date.
- Review the core curriculum.
- View the course listing.
- View the tips provide by your college below. Map out a tentative schedule based on the tips provided by your college. Log into your myUH account and view available courses just for practice.
- If you need additional assistance, view this video on adding courses.
- When considering your course schedule, you will want to identify 14 to 15 course hours; taking more hours could be overwhelming and taking fewer hours could impact your ability to graduate on time.
|College of Architecture||Architecture New Student Conference Itinerary|
|Bauer College of Business||http://www.bauer.uh.edu/undergraduate/newstudents|
|College of Education||QUEST Tier One Teacher Education
New Student Letter
|College of Engineering||Welcome from Engineering|
|Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management||HRM Welcome|
|The Honors College||The Honors College Welcome|
|College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences||New Student Conference Itinerary
Parent Question Checklist
|College of Natural Science and Mathematics||NSM for New Coogs|
|College of Pharmacy||Parents' Survival Guide
Professional Pharmacy (PharmD) Overview
How College is Different than High School
|College of Technology||Technology Welcome|
|University Scholars||What to Expect at NSO/ART|