Spring 2018 registration is now available.
Fall 2018 registration will open in mid-February.
*For Spring New Student Conferences, freshmen only attend a one-day conference. There is no overnight component.*
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a required program for all new freshmen. Complete orientation participation is required for all new degree-seeking undergraduate students prior to academic advising and course registration. Orientation sessions always occur on weekdays because the offices, faculty/staff members, academic advisors and other programs, resources, and services required to assist you and family members with your college transition are not available on the weekends.
Visit the Before NSO page to learn what you should be looking for on your myUH self-service account — items that may prevent you from enrolling while at your NSO. Also, learn how to change your major, if you choose to and are meeting the academic criteria for a newly selected major and the 10-day requirement associated with major change requests.
Visit NSO Dates page for information on how to register for an NSO. Once you have been admitted and have decided that UH is the institution you wish to attend, you should plan to pay for your orientation session via the myUH portal, register for a date and then attend your scheduled conference.
- Click Step-by-Step Instructions for information on how to register for a New Student Conference.
Visit the What To Expect page for information on what to bring with you to your NSO and what will happen while you’re on campus.
- Visit the Family and Guest page to learn about the separate programming we have for guests and payment requirements.
Important Overnight Requirement Information:
- If you have a Summer and Fall admit term, you are required to stay overnight the first night of your NSO. You will check out on the second (and final) day of your conference.
- If you are attending an August, one-day, make-up NSO, you do not have the option to stay overnight.
- Exemption requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are reviewed on a case by case basis. Documentation may be required.
- Spring NSOs are one-day events.
- There is no overnight housing option for Spring NSO sessions because our current students are living in the residence halls during the semester.
- You will enroll in courses during your NSO.